1. Place at least two xTimer Transmitters on the field perpendicular to your running direction. Transmitters should be placed at the distance, for example 30 meters.
Tip - Avoid placing the Transmitter at an angle.
2. Turn on the Transmitters by holding the power button for 2 seconds. To turn off the transmitters you have to simply press the button again. Device is on once the single green or red LED is on (red indicates low battery).
3. Clip the receiver around your waist on the same side that you have placed the transmitter on the track. xTimer uses infrared light to measure your performance so the Receiver and the transmitter should have a clear line of sight.
4. Turn on the Receiver by holding the power button for 2 seconds you should hear a short beep. To turn off the transmitters you have to simply press the button again. If you have registered your Receiver and are within 40 meter range then Receiver should appear in your xTimer app's dashboard. After every sprint device turns off. So you have to turn on the Receiver before every sprint!
5. Select the athlete and distance at the top of the dashboard.
6. Look at your results, save or discard them.